Wednesday, December 9, 2009

Better keep up with this blog before getting it erased again!

Just tonight I'm having an irrepressible urge to write on my blog again. Just like that. I thought about this long lost blog as I sat through a very beautiful piano performance at Hotel Borobudur's event. Well, to be honest I don't know just exactly how beautiful it was, for I'm not a trained ear and I'm definitely not the type of guy you can talk to about classical music. I mean, I'm at my happiest when I'm sitting there listening to Rage Against The Machine and Matt Darey. But the guy who played it seems to make very few if not no mistakes on the keys. He was good. And that's what so awesome about music. You don't have to understand it to appreciate it. As I sat there listening to the beautiful, melodious tunes as the pianist comfortably alternated between furioso and cantabile, the music somehow touched the innermost part of my soul, and my mind wandered to places I haven't touched in a long time. One of them is my blog. I love getting a good mind blowjob. No wonder they recommend classical music to babies as they say it stimulates the mind.

But I suddenly thought about my blog. Whatever happened to that commitment I've made to myself, a commitment I renewed when my first, long lost blog was erased four years ago? My first blog was, thankfully, just mostly rants about how my life sucked as a student. And to be honest, since I've got nothing to hide anymore, it was a bit suicidal. But then again, what's a good emo rant without a little suicide notes injected here and there? I thought it was normal. But anyways, I'm glad it was erased one way or the other when Google migrated all the data in 2005.

When I came home, though, I made a commitment to re-start my blog as I wanted to document my life's progression and thoughts in very specific time points. And I think I've maintained that commitment fairly consistent for the first four months or so. At first it was instinctual....the words came very easily to me. But now that I work in media, I guess I've had my fill of "words" that I hungered for, and my blog started to lag.

But as I sat there listening to the pianist, I started to question myself...... why am I not writing on my blog anymore? Deadlines. Work. Yes, deadlines can be a daunting hindrance for anyone to write a carefully thought piece of mind, but that's no excuse for me to completely abandon my commitment to restart my blog. I must not. I cannot. I'm no writer, but as a journalist, or an observer of life, as I prefer to view myself, I need to keep this going. I need to maintain the courage to observe and speak my mind, despite work and deadlines, just like National Geographic journalists maintain their tenacity when they're documenting some rare wildlife. At least I owe it to myself that I don't let this one die again like last blog. Or leaving it as an empty shell.

And so. I close this ramble with a renewed commitment that I put in some time for this writing. That ought to be in my new year's resolution. That, and getting more sleep.

1 comment:

Olive said...

Do you ever pause to know your real self better?
Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop & take a look around every once in a while, you just might miss it.
You make a good resolution :)
If there is effort,there is always accomplishment. Like the quote said : Age wrinkles the body, quitting wrinkles the soul